Patch, Patching, Automated Patch Management
Reduce risk, deliver results
Reduce Oracle E–Business Risk, Manage Change, Meet Compliance Objectives
Unexpected changes equal downtime. Downtime can be caused by a complete system failure, an error in a form, or unexpected new functionality. Oracle’s patches have become huge, complex, and have multiple layers of pre–requisites and other dependencies. A patch may cause mysterious errors in one environment but not in another. How will your customizations be affected?
Testing helps but how can you be sure that everything a patch changes has been tested? How can you be sure that someone else finished their testing before the patch was applied to production? What kind of documentation do you have? How accountable can IT staff be when they spend so much time fighting fires?
IT Governance regulations require that all changes be known and their application be documented and approved. Oracle’s patching utilities do not do this.
When your IT staff uses RingMaster APM to do its patching
- All changes and pre–requisites made by each patch will be identified before it is applied.
- Testing can be focused on only things that have changed, saving time and increasing quality.
- Documentation is automatic. Who, what, where, why, notes, approvals, etc. are known.
- Approvals are required, change is managed.
- Repository of change information is available to everyone, helping troubleshooting and planning.
- Business Analysts are now a part of the process, no longer waiting for the DBA to do his job.
- Compliance is met.
How can we help?